Is it time for you to have a new roof installed? Whether you’re moving into a brand-new home or need to replace your aging roof, roofing installation can be a straightforward process with expert Littleton roofers. Nonetheless, it helps to know what to expect before your home’s roof installation.
Here, we’ll break down the installation process for roofing in Littleton. With a new roofing system, your home and family will be protected from the elements for years to come.
Choosing Your Littleton Roofing Company
Before the installation process can commence, you need to pick a roofing company. Workmanship, professionalism, and excellent customer service will make all the difference in your roof installation experience. So, it pays to select a trusted name in roofing in Littleton to ensure that your roof is of the highest possible quality.
Keep an eye for these qualities in the roofing company you choose for your roof installation:
- Fully licensed and insured
- Workmanship warranty
- Locally-owned, as a local team offers unmatched expertise on the area
- Works with insurance companies
- Accredited by the Better Business Bureau
Your new roof should have the durability to stay in top condition throughout its lifespan. Especially here in Colorado, where we receive hail, rain, and snow throughout the year, your roof must be reliable. By selecting a locally-trusted roofing team, you can feel confident that your roof will be installed with strength and longevity in mind.
The Roof Installation Process
The first stage in installing a new roof involves planning the project. First, your contractor will inspect your existing roof to understand the extent of the project and gather information. From there, you’ll receive a quote for your new roof. At this point, your contractor will also be able to talk through the installation process with you and the scope of the required work. Once you approve the quote, your contractor can order materials and the project can get underway.
Permitting is an important step for some roofing installation projects. If permits are required for your roofing project, your contractor will need a few weeks to complete the permitting process. Permitting requirements vary based on area, making it all the more important to select a roofing contractor with local knowledge.
Preparing Your Home
With the project planned and the permits secured, it’s time to prep your home for the installation. Installing a new roof will impact your entire home, so there are a few steps that you should take for protection. These include:
- Clearing out and protecting your attic from dust and debris from construction
- Covering any cars parked in your garage, as debris from construction could fall into the garage and scratch your paint
- Protecting the exterior of your windows from falling debris
- Protecting breakable items, such as china, which could get damaged from vibrations during construction
- Removing valuable wall hangings, which could fall off from vibrations during construction
In the days leading up to the installation, roofing materials may be delivered to your home, as well as a dumpster. The dumpster will be used during the removal of your existing roof to hold discarded roofing materials.
The next step is to start construction on your new roof. This process will typically be completed in three stages:
- Remove the current roof. During this step, contractors use roofing equipment to remove materials, like shingles, along with roofing nails and flashing.
- Prepare the roof deck by installing a drip edge, underlayment, flashing, and caulk.
- Install your new roofing materials, moving upward from the edge of the roof.
The entire installation process can take as long as a week, depending on the scope of the work. Experienced Littleton roofing contractors will move efficiently to get your roof installation project completed promptly.
With your new roof installed, your team of roofing contractors will clean up the area around your home. This involves disposing of any debris or leftover materials from the installation, as well as clearing out the dumpster and equipment. Your roof will also be inspected for workmanship and durability.
At Anderson Builders, our experienced owner inspects every roof installation for quality upon completion. To get started on your roofing project, contact us today.